Thursday, July 25, 2019

Second Chances

I believe in second chances.  I give them and have been given these do overs, these mistakes and choices that may have been misconstrued.  You know, misunderstandings. So, by now you probably may have gathered that I gave Mr. Alaska that second chance, actually, we gave whatever we had going a second chance.  As if the first time was not enough for me.  I am not a martyr, just to let you know.  I sincerely believed we could make a go of whatever we had, I was in love with Mr. Alaska.  I should have just walked on.  To make a long story and I mean long story short.  Mr. Alaska came back to Colorado to visit, he had purchased his ticket awhile back ago, so we thought okay, let's give this a go, again.  We had planned this trip to my home state of Texas, we were supposed to announce our engagement to our families.  Of course, I had broken that engagement prior to this trip.  So, Mr. Alaska came to Colorado on a Thursday, we had a date on Friday and a wedding on Saturday.  It was going well, but at the wedding something shifted again after Mr. Alaska asked me to be his girlfriend, again.  I of course said, "yes."  I loved this man, why not.  The entire night of the wedding my boyfriend gave me his back and sat away from me.  I just did not understand.  I was hurt.  So hurt.  This man humiliated me in front of my entire church family.  I did say something about his behavior, but Mr. Alaska only gave me a half baked excuse.  We still went to Texas, as my family was expecting me.  Needless to say I only saw Mr. Alaska in the evenings when we met up with dear friends of ours.  Mr. Alaska continued his cold behavior and at one point dismissed me in front of our friends.  Okay, no, I am not a doormat, but I sure as hell knew this was not going to continue.  So, now I was humiliated in front of my family and our friends.  I did not say a thing, I let it simmer because I wanted to let him feel the eruption of my soul.  We came back to Colorado and Mr. Alaska stayed until his flight the following Monday.  We did go out and did enjoy ourselves a bit, but I did not say a word.  I guess he thought I was a desperate fool of a woman.  After several weeks of calling each other every couple of days I finally had to say something, and, I did.  I spoke to Mr. Alaska and let him know that his treatment towards me was unacceptable and I did not want to pursue a relationship with him.  All he could say to me is that he was not "perfect."  What?!!  We talked for a few more days and I could not pretend.  I was angry with myself for believing that Mr. Alaska learned his lesson on how not to treat a woman, absolutely not!  I text him a goodbye line. Why call.  What was the point!  And, now I am writing about this experience.  I did wish Mr. Alaska well and told him to take care.  I do have a sense of decorum, but IT IS OVER!!!!  So, with all this said, I believe that my second chances will still continue, but if I see a lost cause on the first try, I better let go of that second chance.



No comments:

Signing Off

I have decided to sign off from my blog. There have been many loses this past year, friends that I loved and miss everyday. So many changes...