Monday, April 13, 2020

JESUS, ER and Covid

Well, without sounding like every mouthpiece in social media.  We are still in the stay at home order from this pandemic.  I am still working in the ER which has its own challenges.  Precautions are taken by everyone in the hospital, but the ER is the first line of defense or if I could say of patient's coming in to be seen for possible COVID.  We are not in the same numbers as New York, New Jersey, California and Washington state, but we have to follow the mandates of the state until the 26th of April.  My son has been a great help, he has the bottle of disinfectant waiting outside the apartment door when I get home, and I spray my shoes.  I then change out of my clothes and throw them in the wash immediately.  It has been a process.  At times I feel so drained, but then I think about the doctors, nurses and every single person working to keep the ER running smoothly without incident.  I work as a patient access rep. and my risks are supposedly low, but we go into patient's rooms, and sometimes after the fact that the patient is positive for COVID.  Something that irks me to no end.  I will be working the next couple of days, but then I have been asked if I would take some time off until May when I can return back to work.  I am considered a high risk.  Unfortunately, I have to take some of my vacation days, but I figured it would be good to take some time off.  I am okay with finances, and I understand why it had to be done. Though sometimes I analyze more than I should, but God has it under control and I trust Him.

I have been working in the ER for over five years now, and I still love it.  I suppose that things cannot always stay the same, and I do not know what changes will be made while I am not working.  I told my son that this might be an opportunity for reduction in force.  We are slow in the ER.  Many patient's who actually follow the stay at home order wait until their chest pains are unbearable, God bless them.  But, we do let patient's know chest pain is an emergency.  They just felt that they should not come in because we have asked the public to only come in emergencies.  Please if you are feeling ill beside COVID symptoms, please come in to be seen. 

I have a friend who is in the hospital, she is in her 30's and has been on oxygen for awhile because she had lung issues.  I met Lindsay in the ER, she helped me a lot.  We became friends and we would go out for whatever.  She is a lovely young woman and has been dealt with brain cancer and lung issues a couple of years ago.  I am worried.  She messaged me earlier today that she was really sick, but did not go into details.  I have been praying for her. Father, please help her.  I also lost a gentleman friend of my son, Nathaniel and myself.  He was 92 years old and passed away last week from COVID.  He was an active man and tough old guy, his name was Richard.  He is with our Lord in glory.  Another friend lost her brother, a week in a half ago.  He died in an accident and my friend also found out she is pregnant.  Father, please comfort and bless this family.  They will have to view the funeral through satellite.  How things are becoming.  I remind myself every day that God is in control, and He is.  What satan meant for evil, God turns into good. 

The one question I believe people are asking themselves lately, is this scripture coming to fruition? The end times? One world order, government, money and religion.  Maybe.  Maybe, we are witnessing the unraveling of it.  Am I scared?  Concerned, but my prayer has always been that the Lord would give me courage and a fire in my spirit to share the gospel.  Jesus is waiting. If you confess Him as your Lord and Savior and repent from your sins, giving yourself completely to Jesus because he is the only one who can save us, and that is the Gospel Truth!




 
       

No comments:

Signing Off

I have decided to sign off from my blog. There have been many loses this past year, friends that I loved and miss everyday. So many changes...